Jun 22, 2011

Now get off the train and shut the f up.

You know, I commute to work every day. What sometimes amazes me is just how rude and insensitive other riders can be at times. Every time the train pulls out of Grand Central and infrequently during the journey itself, conductors will make an announcement about keeping your feet off the seats, making all seats available and keeping your voice down out of respect for the people around you.

Unfortunately there are quite a few people in this world who don’t think they’re talking into a cell phone rather they seem to imagine they are talking into a tin can connected by a string to whomever it is they are talking to.

Plainly put, they’re loud and obnoxious.

So, I give a big cheer to the conductor in the video below for maintaining her calm in the face of a passenger’s ill-mannered indignity over being asked to keep it down. Instead of calmly and politely acknowledging the conductor, it just gave her an excuse to raise her voice even more.

So again, let’s here it for the conductor because I actually want her to do that when I’m riding the train. So I can read, so I can sleep, so I can enjoy the view out the window, simply put, so I can enjoy the ride.

No comments: